Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mas Almuerzos en el Campo

Thought I'd share some more food...this time, lunches in the field!

We've had meatloaf stuffed with hard boiled eggs, served alongside a broccoli-quiche thing (the broccoli things was really great, but I wasn't as huge of a fan of the meatloaf)...


A layered eggplant, egg, and dough baked casserole dish with rice and tomatoes that was FREAKIN FANTASTIC...


Sardines in tomato sauce over rice (which was fairly good, but not really my favorite)...


And some pastries, filled with ham, cheese, egg, corn, and tomato (YUM)...


Most of these meals are finished off with some fresh peaches and/or some cookies or leftover cake slices from dinner-dessert the night before. This is why it's hard to leave Uruguay...

4 comments:

  1. It looks strange to have nice food with real plates and utensils on the tailgate of your field truck. Quite civilized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia: "cervezas en el campo?"
    Me: "no, No cervezas en el campo..." :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the tailgate still that clean? I thought you would have had that thing full of mud by now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been really dry here, so only dust, no mud.

    And Erin, you'll appreciate this: I took some guys out on a field tour last week, and apparently I've been working out in the field a little more than I realized. I speared a hunk of meat with my fork and was gnawing on it like a caveman as I looked over and realized that the guys were not only politely using their fork, but also cutting their meat into bite sized pieces with their knife. :)

    ReplyDelete